Taking the plunge

After the Frankenblanket episode of 2012, I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to face EPP again. With a couple of years of recovery, however, I find myself ready to take the proverbial plunge and have started a new EPP project, after remembering how much I love hand sewing when I made a fun little baby shower gift for Sarah. Like my last EPP project, this one is also a baby quilt intended for a new bambino of my own, this one due early in November. Unlike the last project, though, this one is a little less ambitious. I'm going to make several large hexie flowers to appliqué on a low volume background. This will then serve as a central panel that will be surrounded by two borders - one narrow, one wide - of complementary fabric. My inspiration comes from Pinterest:



How could it possibly go wrong? I'm smarter, more experienced, and more EPP savvy this time around, right? Time will tell, but so far I'm really enjoying cutting and basting the hexies, and I think this will be a perfect project to bring along with us as we go on holiday this weekend. (A North American adventure comprising just about 3 weeks in Vancouver and Boston. I can't wait though am also dreading all those long haul flights with my very lively two-and-a-half year old!)



Speaking of taking the plunge, I've finally signed up for Instagram, which I think will be handy for more immediate, more frequent photo updates. Follow me on tinamharpz!

xx Tina 

Comments

  1. Found you on IG and have requested to follow you! Woohoo! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Enjoy sewing and holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, the places you'll go!

Hello, world!

Accountability