Catching up

Hello, hello! Remember me? I seem to be perfecting my disappearing act these days, but I'm back again with a little update on that baby quilt I mentioned in my last post (all those months ago). I'm really thrilled with the way it came out! In fact, of all the quilts I've made, this one may just be my favourite. I just love how bright and scrappy the blocks are!


I quilted simple diagonal lines - my fallback quilting style - and finished with a colourful scrappy binding, which seemed the natural choice for a quilt like this. For the back, I used the completely scrumptious Pink Bake Cherry by Riley Blake. Swoon. I didn't get a photo of it before giving the quilt away, but I did manage gleefully to deposit in my stash a few small leftover pieces for future projects. 


I'm hoping the beautiful baby girl this was given to will enjoy exploring each and every one of the blocks. There are a few different textures here, with one or two linen and silk scraps thrown in, and several fussy cut centre squares featuring cute little cats, horses, and other furry friends. Mum and Dad certainly had fun going through each square and pointing out the different patterns, shapes, and colours (which, naturally, thrilled me no end)!

A not quite successful attempt at a close-up.

I'm linking this up with Scraptastic Tuesday and promise to return (sooner or later) with a few other projects from the last little while. In the meantime, happy weekend!

xx Tina

Comments

  1. I remember you! Nice to have you back. This quilt is everything bright and fun a baby quilt should be. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great baby quilt and it is great if it entertains the parent as well! A family quilt really! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictueday

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours in this quilt are just fantastic T! Scrappy quilts are my all time favourite too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. so bright and so scrappy... I love it! and the little bits of something extra -like the silk & linen fabrics- make it all that more special! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty bright quilt. I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, world!

Oh, the places you'll go!

Accountability