Hello again!

I've been a major lurker for the past couple of months, marveling at all of your fabulous makes but not commenting because it doesn't seem possible on my iPad any more. I can't figure out exactly what's wrong, but I'm wondering if switching to a different blog reader (currently using Bloglovin') will do the trick? Any suggestions?

Anyway, I actually have a finish to show you today! And yes, it's literally taken me since my last post at the end of February until now to accomplish this. More tortoise than hare over here, but I'm ok with that!


My embroidery sampler!! Now a fabulously bright wall hanging to hang above my sewing machine (rather than over it for the purposes of this photo!). Despite my initial hesitation over the French knots and bullion roses, I managed to conquer both, more or less, and am looking forward to practicing them again in the near future. I'm also intrigued by the colonial knot Susan recently mentioned... must try some of those, too!

Pretty proud of those little roses! Chain stitch not so much!

I'm now busy cutting strips for a scrappy log cabin baby quilt, using this tutorial as a rough guideline. Said baby (not my own, I hasten to add!) is due in July, so I better get moving, not least because my parents and brother are also visiting in July. Mom has already been fabric shopping on my behalf - squee! - and has two Civil War repro jelly rolls for me and a fat quarter pack of Downtown Abbey by Andover Fabrics - double squee!! Can.not.wait. 

xx Tina

Comments

  1. Pretty stitching T! How lucky you are to have a fabric mule! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous embroidery T! How eager are you to see your mom now? Not that you weren't all along of course;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely embroidery. I find I often have difficulty commenting on the iPad, whether it's through Bloglovin or safari. I tend to just lurk around in the shadows and comment a lot less than I used to because of it.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE! Did you use a pattern or make it up on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! And I too can't comment on my ipad when viewing the blog website directly. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! I think you have to change browsers privacy setting. I had same on pc/firefox and got fixed. i just dont know how you call it on apple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, the places you'll go!

Hello, world!

Accountability