Vintage-y Goodness

Yesterday was a perfect day. Little G was more alert than she's ever been, and, more than that, was just about a model baby in terms of a three hour routine. We not only managed to get out of the house in the morning and visit a friend for an hour or two, we also popped into Tesco's, sorted through all the newborn clothes G's already outgrown (unbelievable!), did sixteen million loads of laundry, and watched an episode or two of Suits. Last night, I lulled myself to sleep with visions of all the fun we'd be having - and all the sewing I might return to - now that my sweet baby has settled into a routine. I should've known better, right?! This morning, the poor mite was definitely out of sorts, wanting to feed almost constantly and certainly not happy to go down for a nap. All plans for getting out of the house were quickly abandoned, the laundry was left up on the line, dust accumulated unchecked, and breakfast went uneaten. We spent the better part of the day glued to the end of the sofa, surrounded by several large glasses of water, granola bars, wet wipes, and a towering stack of nappies. 

As I endlessly, if not tirelessly, fed, soothed, and changed nappies, I dreamt of all the lovely things I might (eventually) make with the packet of FQs I just got from the Vintage Sheet FQ Swap. Aren't they lovely?

I can't imagine any of the ideas will come to fruition in the near future, but a girl's gotta have dreams!

xx Tina


Comments

  1. Keep dreaming - your day will come I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Sarah said, keep dreaming and use those vintage sheets before she is old enough to want some for herself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember being lulled into that false sense of security too! The wee rascals! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just go with the flow and the fabric dreams will eventually have time to be made. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleaning and dusting can wait 'til tomorrow, but children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Fabric-y Fun this Saturday

Almost there...

Almost there!