A first

I've joined my first fabric swap! Soooo exciting! It's organized by the lovely Sarah, and the rules seem pretty straightforward: each of the 28 individuals involved purchases one metre of Japanese import fabric, posts a picture of it on flickr to ensure no repeats, and then cuts and mails to Sarah 56 x 5" charms by the end of September. Everyone then receives an amazing package in the mail with 56 assorted charm squares in all kinds of cool Japanese prints. Bring it on!!

We're not technically supposed to start shopping until 26 August, but I've already spent a couple (several!?) hours rooting around online. There's just so much to choose from, I'm not quite sure how I'll pick! These are a few I like (out of many, many, many more!) ....

All from here
Any suggestions for online shops to look in and/or particular fabrics to look for?

xx Tina

Comments

  1. I know we aren't supposed to shop yet but I'm looking tomorrow at the FoQ! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I've resisted so far! I know you really enjoy this one! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have fun choosing your fabric and then anticipating your parcel! It's so great to be able to participate in these virtual community opportunities isn't it? We'll have to get you in a making swap too - keep an eye on Mouthy Stitches one if you are interested in that kind of swap, I think it must open very soon for sign-ups but they'll be gone on a flash I suspect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Fabric-y Fun this Saturday

Almost there...

Almost there!